Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Steady Progression to Obsession Part 2

A Steady Progression to Obsession Part 2

Now, when I last left this subject, I was informing you of how I had gotten hooked on making purses. Making them is like eating a Pringles, you can’t make just one. I am constantly in create mode. If I'm not actually working on a project, I am thinking of the next one, then planning the one after that. My down fall, or blessing, is going into a book store and hitting the craft section. I almost always find a book that I want, or a few projects from it I would like to try. I pretty much obsess over where I can find the book cheaper, or free. Umm, me love free!! I take a picture of the book, in case I forget the title, then begins my quest to locate said item.


As soon as I get the chance to go online, I check on Ebay, Amazon, or one of the swap sites like swaptree.com, in hopes that I may procure that particular book. I check my Yahoo group in case someone just happens to have fallen out of love with the very thing I need. I usually don't find the book until later, or just put it on the back burner until that creative bug hits again, or I have some free time. You know, life has a funny way of cutting in on your magical world of creativity. I have all these great ideas, but then not enough time to get them going. Ugh!

I get a lot of my ideas trawling the isles of Jo-Ann's, or Michael's. For those of you who are new to crafting anything, these two stores are the go to places one hits first. However, if you live near a .99 store, you very often will come across a treasure trove of stuff for your project. Now this method can create a few problems, like me getting extra stuff that I don't need at the moment, but swear that it will come in handy for a project down the road.

The only remedy for that is to go into the store, go down only the isle I need to go down, not looking to the left or the right least my eye catches some pretty babble. And I don't dare go to the discounted section! Sometimes this works, sometimes. I have tried to only bring a few dollars with me so that I have no choice but to get the one thing I came for. Again, sometimes it works, if only to put off the purchase for a later date. I guess the only sure fire way to not come up with a new project is to be dead! And since I’m in no hurry to end it all, I will keep my chin up and continue to endure this cursed craftiness gene that has been biologically passed down to me. It’s not all bad people; you my adoring fans do get the benefit of the fruits of my labor. For you, it’s a win win situation. See you in the discount section!!

No comments:

Post a Comment